Shannonymous

Where everyone is anonymous... except me... kinda... ;)

Sunday, October 21, 2007

READ THIS BOOK



PLAINSONG by Haruf (sometimes listed as Keith, sometimes as Kent), is a gorgeous book about the glory of the human spirit and the simple beauty of small town life. It restored my faith in humanity, which is hard to do for someone who has been living in NYC for years and been angered by the ugliness of it, as I have. It also made me want to move out of this city, more than ever... or at least to a quieter neighborhood. I don't think I could say it better than the New York Times: "So delicate and lovely. . .it has the power to exhault the reader." Experience it, as soon as you can, and let me know your thoughts. Thanks...

1 Comments:

Blogger Listy-loo said...

I'll put this on my list!

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home