Shannonymous

Where everyone is anonymous... except me... kinda... ;)

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Life Upon the Wicked Stage...

I had an audition today for a show. It's nothing that will make me rich or famous, but I want it sooooooooooooooo badly. It's a role I've wanted to play for years and one I KNOW I could do well. Just thinking about it... *sigh*
I feel I did o.k. at the audition in terms of singing, and I know I did well acting-wise because for this role, I couldn't NOT; she's just so me; I just feel this character with all my heart and soul-- and both came out when I read for her. And now the waiting game:
"When will you let us know?"
"Oh this week, definitely."
O.k.. That could mean anytime between Monday and Saturday really... a world of difference when you're waiting to hear if one of your dreams is finally coming true and fighting off crying fits as you do.
(I know, I cry a lot, if you're just getting to know me through this blog, get used to it.)
I know I should just forget it now and go on as if I didn't get it- move on, think positively, believe that there are other shows just as wonderful, just around the corner...
It's hard.
And I know the director. He's a friend. I have to fight with every fiber of my being not to just call him and say, "Honey, just give it to me straight. Do I have it or not? And if not," *beginning to cry,* "WHY NOT?!?!"
But I won't.
I will wait.
I will hope.
*SIGH*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home