Shannonymous

Where everyone is anonymous... except me... kinda... ;)

Monday, September 18, 2006

Part 16: 18



She was 18 when her father threw her out for good. Three weeks from the completion of her first semester in college, he ordered her out of his house with only some books and cosmetics.

True, 18 is legally an adult and many young people live on their own at 18, even younger. But many of them get a warning, a chance to prepare.

When I was 18 I left home, but I was still so dependent on my parents. Hell, years after college I was still very dependent on them, and even now, even though I make my own money, live on my own and am pretty self-sufficient, I would feel lost if I didn't have my parents to turn to in an emergency; they are my safety net, my support system.

I cannot imagine what it would be like to be rejected by them... I can't imagine how alone and worthless Squeaky must have felt that day on the beach... no wonder it was so easy for Manson to collect her and make her his own.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Want the exact opposite of that? But in a way that is just as horrifying. Get a hold of "The Dark Stuff" by Nick Kent. Read the first section about Brian Wilson, specifically the FIRST part of that, about father Murray Wilson and his orchestration of the Beach Boys. The guy was a tryant.
You read it and suddenly it's no wonder that Brian built a sandbox in his house, put a piano in it, and played barefoot (so he could feel like he was at the Beach), became paranoid, and had countless nervous breakdowns.

Do you know more details about the father? WHY did he not approve of her artistic inclinations, why did he throw her out, etc?

12:02 PM  
Blogger Shannonymous said...

There's nothing- no one knows. His backround is clean! He was a military man but then an engineer and supposedly, at first, a loving father to his eldest. But as time went on and siblings were born, he became harder and harder. She was often spotted from age 10 on weeping, saying things like, "I don't know why he's so rigid! I don't know why he's so hard on me!"

And it seems that he was sexually abusing her too...

More on how her father's abuse made her love Charlie today or tonight...

4:02 AM  
Blogger Shannonymous said...

ps- did you know that the Beach Boys recorded a song that Charles Manson wrote? He was an aspiring musician long before he became a killer; some speculate that one of the reasons he grew angry and violent towards celebrities was because he had always wanted to be a rock star and never made it...

5:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did. "Never Learn Not To Love." He was friends with Dennis Wilson. The whole Tate/Polanski murder thing was because of some beef he had with a former record label dude or something, if I'm not mistaken. You ever seen those pictures? Gruesome. Abigail Folgers was stabbed, like, 55 times or something.

8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you heard "The Family Jams?" Do you know if Squeaky is on there or not...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Family_Jams

8:54 AM  
Blogger Shannonymous said...

Yeah, Sharon was stabbed that many times too and she was PREGNANT. So sad.

I have heard of "The...Jams" and yes, Squeaky is on it supposedly.

You can see and hear her and many others sing one of Charlie's catchiest tunes "All is One" in the Manson documentary on youtube- just type "Manson Hendrickson" and all 9 parts will come up.

It's tooooooooooootally
C
R
A
Z
Y

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home