Shannonymous

Where everyone is anonymous... except me... kinda... ;)

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Rehearsal 2


2nd rehearsal today. Met my Hinkley and sang through "Unworthy..." Our (awesome) musical director and I started out the day talking about how we didn't like they way they switched harmonies at the end in the original production and ended the rehearsal by switching them anyway, because it sounds really great with ME & THIS Hinkley doing it! ;D

Met some of the rest of the cast- I've met all but 3 now I think. Not a weak link in the bunch. I am over the moon about this show already. Another cast member called us "the cream of the crop of NJ theatre." YAY! =) "He really knows how to pick 'em." I said of our director.

And I continue to do research about Squeaky. I know it sounds crazy but I feel more and more of a connection to her all the time. I feel like if I knew her I would love her, insanity and all. I really think she just did too many drugs and just was/is really confused.

I continue to see the fine line so many of us walk, staying sane, (relatively) "normal" members of society; just walking through Port Authority today among the bums, the perverts who whisper dirty things to me as I walk by, the crazy bag lady meticulously sorting through her junk and putting it into new, clean plastic bags, I wanted to go nuts too and scream, "YOU DON'T KNOW ME- NONE OF YOU KNOW ME!!! YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT SO DON'T TALK TO ME, DON'T EVEN LOOK AT ME ANYMORE OR I WILL FREAK OUT ON YOU IN A WAY YOU WILL NEVER FORGET!!!!!"

But once again, something inside me didn't let it happen...

CRAZY.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home