Shannonymous

Where everyone is anonymous... except me... kinda... ;)

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Squeaky Part 3


There is so much sweetness and light and hope and happiness in her, both in old photos and videos and even in recent clips from interview with her, after years in jail. She talks so much about loving nature and saving the environment. Her crafts are beautiful and her smile bright. There is joy in her voice: that height and her famous squeaking. Where does the violence come in? I can’t believe it was just the abuse of her father. Many abused young people actually hate violence because of the bad memories it brings up. How did Charlie make a beautiful flower child into a fierce, gun-toting woman?

2 Comments:

Blogger Listy-loo said...

That is a long debated question isn't it? What makes some abuse victims become violent or abusers themselves and some go in the complete opposite direction?

I always think and wonder about this question.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Shannonymous said...

The more I read about Squeaky the more I think acid had so much to do with her downfall... it seems she and "the family" took over 60 hits, mostly 2 at a time in a very short period of time...

I guess that would make anyone crazy...

Glad I had less than 20 in 4 years. ;)

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home