Shannonymous

Where everyone is anonymous... except me... kinda... ;)

Saturday, July 22, 2006

JARHEAD

















Ever wonder what Operation Desert Storm was really like? This film will show you.

"A story: A man fires a rifle for many years; And he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armoury; And he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; His hands still remember the rifle."

"Every war is different, every war is the same."

Boorah.

It's no wonder Jake & Peter became such good friends through this. And they're both fucking incredible in it. (See it.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must say, I loved this movie. I love Jake; I love Pete; I love Sam; I love military movies...what's not to love?

Apparently, there was actually some kind of unspeakable falling out between Jake and Pete. They've since made up, but neither will discuss it with the press. AT ALL.

8:16 PM  
Blogger Shannonymous said...

And they shouldn't have to. Other people are allowed to keep some private things private, why shouldn't celebrities?

Whatever their falling out was, I'm sure it wasn't a big deal and they're over it; Pete is marrying Jake's sis, Maggie (pregnant with Pete's child)! I'm sure they'll all be a happy extended family and keep making wonderful indie films together. ;)

Speaking of which, did you love "Garden State" too? I thought Pete was stellar in that as well and I thought the message of the film was gorgeous.

6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home