Shannonymous

Where everyone is anonymous... except me... kinda... ;)

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Confusing Confused


So I was listening to some Led Zeppelin this morning to get me going (on SUCH a Zep kick lately- I’d totally forgotten how many songs that I love are actually theirs!) and I noticed something interesting:

the song “Dazed and Confused” is now totally associated with the movie of the same title, which is totally associated with pot and hippie stoners in general. And yet, the song isn’t about drugs at all, it’s about heartbreak:

”been dazed and confused for so long it's not true.
wanted a woman, never bargained for you.
lots of people talking, few of them know,
soul of a woman was created below

you hurt and abuse, tellin' all of your lies.
run 'round sweet baby, lord, how they hypnotize.
sweet little baby I don't know where you been
gonna' love you baby, here I come again

everyday I work so hard, bringin' home my hard earned pay.
try to love you baby, but you push me away.
don't know where your going, all I know just where you been,
sweet little baby I want you again.

Oh yea, all right, all right

been dazed and confused for so long it's not true
one little woman never bargained for you
take it easy baby, let them say what they will
tongue’ll wag so much when I SENT you the bill

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agreed.
But 1. Personally, I don't associate the song with the movie.
2. Even if I did - I wouldn't say the movie is JUST about pot, etc. The Dazed and Confused also refers to the listlessness of youth, yeah?

7:53 AM  
Blogger Shannonymous said...

no no no, I know, that's true, I'm just saying that's what people first think of when they think of that movie, like in a word association game type of way, ya know?

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home