Shannonymous

Where everyone is anonymous... except me... kinda... ;)

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

My heroes...

(in case you didn't already know...)

my boyfriend who is the best man I have ever known, and is always trying to be a better man

my mother for being a strong, smart woman of integrity, a terrific mother and a wonderful example of a HUMAN being

my father who is an incredible artist and scholar and unbelievably charitable and forgiving… and the best letter writer ever ;)

my grandmother, her sister Ruth, their mother Nina, and my uncle Jake for being fighters and for always giving me so much love

my sister-in-law, who came to NYC from Japan at a very young age, barely knowing a word of English, put herself through college, and now is an amazing mother to my nephew

my best friends G and S who are so beautiful and talented and have the remarkable ability to be there for people and help them, even though they didn't always have people there for them

my director, teacher, and FRIEND B who, through his sensitivity, helps others be sensitive, and who hears music in a way that no one else can, bringing it to life onstage in a way that is thrilling to those who perform it as well as those who see it

me beautiful friend P who has been treated unfairly by so many, and yet still has so much love, understanding, and patience for those around him

Drew Barrymore who went through so much at such a young age,









yet stayed true to herself and her search and always kept her positive outlook;













she is has such a beautiful heart and spirit
























Chita Rivera for her attitude and athleticism





















Ani DiFranco for her poetry and activism


















Pink for not being afraid to piss people off, especially with her latest album






















Charlize Theron for “Monster”




























Johnny Depp for his honesty and sensitivity





















Tegan and Sara for their art and example




and many more…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home