Shannonymous

Where everyone is anonymous... except me... kinda... ;)

Thursday, November 08, 2007

"I'm becoming my mother..."



“In the midst of confrontation, [my mother] found clarity. She expressed regret that she had to ask me to deal with the basic question of my life at such a young age. And then she asked it:
"Is what you want for yourself? To become someone very different than me?"
. . .Your acceptance, while it would thrill me, will not define me. My identity rests firmly and happily on one fact: I am my mother's daughter.”
-"Spanglish"

I just saw this movie, and although it has some wonderful performances, I found the direction very forced, the cinematography too pushy, and the music too obvious.

But I loved the mother-daughter relationships in it. I loved the idea that every woman has to face the decision of whether she will (in most ways) become her mother, or work hard to be everything her mother is not.

I am definitely becoming my mother… and that’s o.k. with me…

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me too.

BenFranklin

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home