Shannonymous

Where everyone is anonymous... except me... kinda... ;)

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

"One"




Another blog sparked a discussion between a friend and I about Actung Baby- a terrific album that still gives me chills and makes me close my eyes and sway even after 15 years. “One” in particular is a song I’ll never get over. And one night, years ago, I put it on and it looked, sounded, and felt like a duet. I can still see how...



She: Is it getting better
Or do you feel the same

He: Will it make it easier on you
Now you got someone to blame

She:You say one love, one life
When it's one need in the night

He: It's one love
We get to share it

She: It leaves you baby
If you don't care for it

He: Did I disappoint you
Or leave a bad taste in your mouth

She: You act like you never had love

He: And you want me to go without

She: Well it's too late tonight
To drag the past out into the light

She: We're one but we're not the same

He: We get to carry each other, carry each other

She: One

She: Have you come here for forgiveness
Have you come to raise the dead
Have you come here to play Jesus
To the lepers in your head

He: Did I ask too much

She: More than a lot

He: You gave me nothing

She: Now it's all I got

He: We're one

She:but we're not the same

He: We hurt each other

She: then we do it again

He: You say love is a temple

She: Love a higher law
Love is a temple
Love the higher law
You ask me to enter

He: but then you make me crawl

She: And I can't be holding on to what you got
When-

He: All you got is hurt
One love, one blood, one life

She: You got to do what you should

He: One life with each other
She: Sisters, brothers

He: One life

She: but we're not the same

He: We get to carry each other

She: carry each other

He: One

She: One

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's how it can be broken up when "Achtung! The U2 Musical!" opens on Broadway!

It DOES sound like a dialogue, though, doesn't it?

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home