Shannonymous

Where everyone is anonymous... except me... kinda... ;)

Friday, February 29, 2008

"You are sheep among wolves. Be wise as serpents, yet innocent as doves."

Another film that broke my heart… in a totally different way. But it did push the same maternal buttons in me; the people on this earth that have children should never forget how lucky they are, and treat their little angels accordingly. And those that don't, well, they don't deserve any blessings at all.

Detective Remy Bressant (the incredible Ed Harris): There's a guy pumping up in an apartment up in Columbia Point. . . The old lady's beat to shit, the husband's mean, cracked out. . .Rats, roaches, all over the place. But the kid's room, in the back, was spotless. No, I mean, he swept it, mopped it; it was immaculate. The little boy's sitting on the bed, holding onto his Playstation for dear life. There's no expression on his face, tears streaming down. He wants to tell me he just learned his multiplication tables. I mean, the father's got him in this crack den, subsisting on Twinkies and ass-whippings, and this little boy just wants someone to tell him that he's doing a good job. You're worried what's Catholic? I mean, kids forgive. Kids don't judge. Kids turn the other cheek. What do they get for it? . . .You gotta take a side. You molest a child, you beat a child, you're not on my side. If you see me coming, you better run, because I am gonna lay you the fuck down! Easy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home