Shannonymous

Where everyone is anonymous... except me... kinda... ;)

Monday, November 06, 2006

My response

Dear Red,

Sorry I haven’t written in a while but I’ve been so busy getting the show open! Judging from your last letter, you were a bit overwhelmed with mail from me anyway. Sorry! =) We had a great response to our opening weekend! Everyone did a great job, and I don’t think anyone thought you a fool after watching my performance. Tons of people actually have asked me about you as a result, and all of them listen patiently as I educate them about you, telling them the FACTS which most had wrong or knew nothing about.

And of course you don’t squeak when you talk or wear beads, but I think we both discovered a while ago that historical accuracy wasn’t too important to the men who wrote “Assassins.” ;)

I was able to work the words you wanted me to into the show!!! Right before the bar scene, the stage is dimly lit while we set up the chairs and tables, and our director told us we could say whatever we want! So I talk about how many government officials are NOT public servants and don’t care enough about the earth, the air, the water or the animals, all of which are still being poisoned by “big business.”

For that and many reasons (mostly due to the incredible people involved), I am very proud to be playing you in this production and hope you would be too, if you could see it. I SO wish there was a way for you to at least hear the song I sing…oh well.

Thanks again for writing and I hope to hear from you again soon.

Always,
S

p.s.- a few of my friends have started to call me Squeak (not Squeaky) because of the show and also because I DO squeak sometimes when I’m excited!!! =)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I just discovered this thread by reading the bulletin on MySpace. I'm going to have to go back and read all the letters now. So amazing!!!

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home