Shannonymous

Where everyone is anonymous... except me... kinda... ;)

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Thanks




“I think it’s getting to the point
Where I can be myself again
I think it’s getting to the point
Where we have almost made amends
I think it’s the getting to the point
That is the hardest part
You think I only think about you
When we’re both in the same room
You think I’m only here to witness
The remains of love exhumed
You think we’re here to play
A game of who loves more than whom
You think it’s only fair to do what’s
Best for you and you alone?
You think it’s only fair to do the same
To me when you’re not home?
I think its time to make this something that is:
More than only fair.
But I'm warning you, don't ever do
Those crazy, messed up things that you do
If you ever do
I promise you I'll be the first to crucify you
Now its time to prove that you've come back here to rebuild.
And if you call, I will answer
And if you fall, I’ll pick you up
And if you court this disaster
I’ll point you home…”


I sent out a call for help
A low call
Just under the radar
A smoke signal most wouldn’t smell, let alone see
You not only noticed the post, you felt it…
The last person I expected to,
Was the first person on the case,
And deep down in my heart
I guess I hoped that’d be the case;
I suppose deep down, I always knew:
You always knew me best--
No matter how much time had passed
I guess deep down, it happened just as I had hoped…
Without an explanation,
Without a complication,
A hand to help, to save…
To lift me out of my dark cave:
You.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home